Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mikayla's Sweet 16


I didn't realize that I hadn't posted anything from Mikayla's 16th birthday until last week when I was scrolling through some of my old posts! What kind of mother does that? We went with kind of a sweet shop theme and lots of hot pink, black, and white. We set the bar up to have lots of treats in her colors. We wrapped the Hershey bars and added the "M" labels and the "16" labels. We used the same labels on toothpicks in her cupcakes. We had hot pink buckets filled with Good and Plentys, black licorice, oreos, pink whoppers, and pink gummy rings.

Mikayla sure got spoiled for her birthday! She received everything from clothes, to shoes and jewelry, to candy and perfume! What a lucky young lady!

Gary's brother, Craig was teasing Mikayla at Ian's birthday party right after Christmas about her not inviting him to her parties. She told him she would be turning 16 soon and he said she had better invite him...so she did! He works a lot so we weren't sure if he would make it, but he showed up as promised and gave her $50 toward a new car!

I decided we needed some sort of sign for the goody bar so I made the sweet shoppe sign. I don't know if you can see it, but each of the scallops on the sign have a rhinestone on them adding to the "bling" factor. We also put the rhinestones on each of the labels for the candy bars and cupcakes. You can see a little bit of the pink bucket with black licorice and the stands that are empty held cupcakes. I didn't put them out too early as Ellie really likes cupcakes! I bought some glass-looking plates and cups at the dollar store and glued them together to make the stands. They ended up looking really pretty with the cupcakes on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment