Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NOT for the squeamish!

I had Ellie in the tub one day and I had to run into the living room for something. As I walked across the floor, I stepped on something that went into my big toe...I walked back into the bathroom and pulled out part of a toothpick! It still hurt and I couldn't tell if there was still something in my toe, but it sure felt painful! Gary told me there was no way there was still something in there. I suffered for two or three days (8 hour shifts on my feet all day about did me in!) One night, I couldn't take it anymore! I sat on our bed and tried digging with a needle. NOTHING! Finally, I decided my only choice was to squeeze it like a pimple and hope it popped out. Let me tell you, it probably hurt as bad as childbirth! I thought I was going to die! I tried and tried and nothing happened. Finally, I told Gary I would give it one last try. I held my breath and squeezed until tears fell! But, this piece of toothpick, FINALLY came out. Talk about instant relief! I know it's really gross...but I had to share it. I can't believe I walked around for days with that stinkin' log in my toe! And by the way, all of the pictures except for the top one are zoomed in for pity effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment