Monday, September 14, 2009

Update for September 6-13

This has been such a hectic week! It seems like I have had to go into town every day for something or another. Our Grand Am broke down and in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong, Gary broke a part for our key switch. A new one is $270 and the factory has to code the new part for another $80! I had to show them proof of identity, our vehicle registration, and take them all sets of keys for the car before they would even order the part! That was a two day process since we didn't know we would need all of the other stuff when I tried to order the part the first time!

I made 10 batches of freezer jam this week. I still have 4 more batches to go and I will be done with that. I have done red raspberry, black raspberry, marionberry, boysenberry, and a mixed berry set so far. I still want to do some peach and some strawberry. I also bought a case of peaches and a case of pears that need canned this week.

We went to get our first load of wood for winter yesterday. It was an all day job, but we got done in pretty good time thanks to our friends Jesse, Tracey, Kevin, and Diana. We had three chainsaws going and four wood packers so it actually went faster than I thought it would. There was a nice breeze so it wasn't as hot as it could have been. Going again next Sunday so hopefully it will go as well as yesterday did.

Treven had his first soccer game on Saturday. His team won 4-3!!! We had to go buy some new running shoes and some soccer pants for him after the game and I also bought him a soccer ball so he could keep practicing.

Declo had their first home football game on Friday. They whopped Kimberly 62-7! Mikayla said they scored a touchdown in the first 12 seconds.....I hate to say anything too early, but this year State is ours! We lost by 1 point at state last year so it would be really exciting to win this year!

Mikayla had her first home volleyball game on Thursday. They won both of the first two games so we didn't have to play a third. Mikayla did a great job on her serves and scored us quite a few points!! She's got another game Tuesday at home so we'll be going to that tomorrow!

Well, the dryer just buzzed so I had better get the levis folded. (Only four more loads to go today and the laundry is caught up again!)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey...what a week. Sorry to hear about the car. It's been a pretty good car for you considering though. That's great about all the games...Friday morning I realized that we had missed her game...you never did call and give me a time. Tomorrow night we were going to Cinda's for haircuts...what time's the game? Let us know when Treven is playing soccer too.

    ReplyDelete