Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Update Finally

Well, fall is officially here in Albion. The nights are cold as can be and the leaves are turning colors and starting to fall off the trees. It's really pretty to see, but I sure hate to think about raking all the leaves and then shoveling the snow!

We've all been sick around here. Gary had a cold and then Braquel came down with something that was a cross between a cold and the flu. Then Ellie got it, and then Mikayla and I both got it. Chelsey was right behind! I had to take Mikayla to the dr last week. She nearly passed out at school and was very sick. The dr asked if we had all been sick and I told him everyone but Treven and since he eats dirt, I doubt he will get sick! The dr. laughed and said there was probably something to that! We are all starting to feel better, but this darn cough just wants to linger around. Apparently there are several cases of swine flu in the area so I am praying that we don't get worse.

We have gotten most of the wood for the winter now. I think we are going to try to go one more time and then we should have enough. It's always adventurous when we go out. Treven has so much fun entertaining himself in the mountains. He builds teepees and forts out of the trees and is always stacking and collecting things he finds. His favorite thing to gather are rocks.

Mikayla has one more volleyball game and then she tries out for basketball. Declo had a pretty good season. They only lost one or two teams and at tournaments on Saturday, they only lost one of the five teams they played. The girls work really good as a team and they will be a force to be reckoned with as they grow older and get better.

Chelsey tried out for girls basketball for the 7th grade, but she didn't make the team. She had a great attitude though and didn't seem too upset. Secretly, I am kind of glad. She's my best babysitter and Ellie would be miserable without her all the time. If Chelsey leaves the room, Ellie will cry. It would have been insane here with Chelsey being at practice and games every day. I'm very proud of her for trying out though. It takes a lot of courage to step out of your comfort zone!

Braquel is still working hard at JB's. She has been getting out early every other day and I've really enjoyed that little bit of extra rime with her. She keeps telling me she's leaving soon and I'm incredibly sad about that. It kills me that she doesn't want to stay with our family forever. It just won't be the same without her sweet little face around all the time. She's such a joy to have around.

Ellie went with me to a scrapbook retreat this last weekend. She got so spoiled by the 20 ladies there that she won't behave now. The girls are having trouble getting her to sleep and she doesn't want to sleep in her crib now. She really got off her schedule so I am working hard to get her back into a normal routine. She was such a good girl at the retreat, she didn't hardly ever cry and she won everyone over with her smiles. She has learned to reach for people and the ladies really loved her game of going from one to another!

Speaking of the retreat, I had such a ball. I did 13 double page spreads plus four more for the challenges. We also put together a cookbook with the recipes that the women brought for the retreat. We had a wonderful time and it was fun getting to know the ladies there. What a talented group of women. It was neat to see their ideas and creativity. Definitely doing that again!!!!

Well, I guess I better get something done today. My list is a million miles long and no time to really catch up on anything! Hope you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...it's great to see you have posted again. Crazy how fast time goes by isn't it? Thanks for sharing Ellie with me...love that little pill. She was sooo good at the retreat. Not many kids would go all weekend without even ever crying. She's always smiling and so happy. I was really glad you came!

    ReplyDelete