Monday, November 16, 2009

Treven's Room

When we moved into our house almost three years ago, it was with the intention that we would be converting our garage into a bedroom for Treven. Never happened.....until we discovered we were having another baby and we really had to do the room. I waited and waited for Gary to get everything out of the garage, and finally at 7 months pregnant, I took action. Mikayla and I spent a whole Saturday sorting through things for the DI, the dump, and the keep pile. My friend, Diana brought her truck up and we loaded it three times for the dump. It was crazy how much crap you can accumulate! Anyway, construction finally got started and we were told it would be over before the baby was born. Ellie was two weeks early, but let me tell you, we were NOWHERE near done. In fact, I dropped the check for the carpet off on our drive home from the hospital!!!!
The room got somewhat finished about two weeks after Ellie was born and Treven immediately moved his things in. Well, there was still the closet to do, the trim, the windows, and the new door that led to the outside of the house to finish, all things that were livable. Last Thursday and Friday, my father in law and the contractor ( my f-i-l's friend) came and got the rest of the windows, the door, the trim, and the closet doors on. It looks so much better. All I have left to do is retouch some paint and a little more trim that we didn't have enough of for the inside of the closet. Gary will have to hang a closet shelf and a rod. We had a plastic type closet organizer, but it looks kind of cheap so he wants to take it back and get a better one. Still, the room is done for the most part and we're loving it.

1 comment:

  1. OMG- You just crack me up! It is sooo nice to see you updating. I miss seeing what you're all up to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete