Thursday, February 17, 2011

12 Months of Christmas -part 2




A few years ago, Stephanie taught us how she plans for Christmas all year. She starts with envelopes with the names of everyone she needs to buy Christmas gifts for. Then she puts extra money into the envelopes on payday or whenever she has extra to put away. Once the money is in the envelope, she seals it up and puts it away until she finds the perfect gift. I loved this idea so I started doing the same thing for our family. It's so much easier to put a little away at a time rather than come up with all of it at once. It's also nice, if something is on sale or clearance, I already have the money ready to go. Sometimes, the cashiers look at me really weird when I pull out an envelope and open it, but when I explain, they all love the idea, too! Normally, I don't fancy up my envelopes, but I decided I would use up some of the extra stickers and borders I have. It will make it more fun to open the envelopes at shopping time!

2 comments:

  1. Way cute....love the envies. Did Robin send you the video of her new scraproom? Love it! Can't wait to see it for real.

    ReplyDelete