Tuesday, March 8, 2011

and now...the rest of Ellie's story


After Gary and the kids left that night, I needed to get Ellie awake enough that she would eat. All of my kids would fall asleep a few minutes after starting to eat, so I needed her awake and hungry! Otherwise, she would be staying at the hospital. I changed her diaper and clothes and started a little photo shoot of our new angel.

She cooperated somewhat, but she was still pretty sleepy from that trip through the birth canal. I played with her for as long as she would and then fed her. Luckily, the nurses were pleased with her eating and when the pediatrician checked her out the next mornng, he couldn't believe she was so healthy. He said she was perfect, just tiny. He told me that since I had taken four other kids home and not killed them, he thought we would be just fine with Ellie going home!

So we loaded our sweet but teeny tiny baby in the car seat that was WAY too big for her and took her home. She was such a trooper. She never had to have oxygen, she never got jaundice, nothing that you would expect such a little one to have!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe it's already been two years? I can't. She has just grown up soooo much. Thanks for having us to the birthday party. I brought my camera, but you were taking so many photos I decided I'd just get some from you...so be sure to print me some or bring me a disk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww....so cute!! so catch up from then till the makeup brush up her nose?

    ReplyDelete