Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lake Cleveland

We went fishing with Victor and Michelle and their kids at the lake. Treven and Victor were the only two that actually caught a fish, but hey...fishing's not really about the fish. Right?
Chelsey rarely lets me take pictures of her, so to catch her in a camera ready mood was pretty amazing. I guess the mountain air is good for all of us!
It got kind of hot around the middle of the day, so the girls got in the water and splashed around. (Might be part of the reason we were basically fishless!)
One of my favorite things about the lake is the abundance of wildlife. There are usually chipmunks and birds and all kinds of fun things to watch. Today, we had a butterfly that kept flying right by us. It landed in Ellie's hair and she was fascinated to hold it and let it tickle her!
The girls thought is was hot, until they got into the freezing cold water! Didn't take long for them to cool off. Mikayla actually swam across the lake and back. I wasn't sure she was going to make it back, she got really worn out, but she was a trooper! Our friend, Scott, said he was a lifeguard and he could rescue her if she needed it. Made me feel better until I asked if he really was a lifeguard and he said NO!
I think I feel closer to God in nature than in church! It's so beautiful at the lake and so peaceful. It's always nice to have some quiet time to think and reflect on God's grace and all of my blessings.
Treven walked around the lake so he wouldn't snag all of our lines. It's fun to watch how serious he is about fishing and cars and boy stuff!
Apparently, Ellie has been listening to her dad because this is how big the fish she was going to catch is!

No comments:

Post a Comment