Monday, November 19, 2012

Treven's 9th birthday

Treven had a monster truck themed birthday party for his 9th birthday. I looked everywhere for a cake that went with our theme, but none of the stores around here had anything close. So, plan B: Chelsey turned a plain old store-bought cake into this awesome cake! We just bought the trucks and jump and she put it all together. It turned out really cool; glad she is so good at decorating!
We held the party at the Rupert swimming pool. We planned a two hour party; 1 1/2 hours for swimming, 1/2 hour for pizza, cake, and gifts. I think the boys would have swam all day and all night if I had let them!
This was the gift table. I found wrapping paper at the dollar store and we wrapped all of his gifts in it. One kid even brought his gift wrapped in the racing flag paper!
Gary went to pick something for Treven on his own. He came back with this race track set. The cars were supposed to go around super fast...can't remember exactly how fast, but over 100 miles per hour. They couldn't wait to come home and set it up. It's always so heart warming to see a father and his son build something together!
Treven got to blow out his candles after we sang Happy Birthday. Sometimes I wonder what he wished for and other times, I'm glad that I don't know!
so many fun new toys! I tried to make the rule that he couldn't take anything out of the box until we got home, but you know how that usually goes!
Even Ellie got into the birthday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment