Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gary's Valentine Surprise

I had to work on Valentine's Day and wasn't too surprised when a delivery driver came in with some flowers. We get people all the time that come into the store to ask for directions, so it really wasn't unusual. Then, I happened to look at the card on the flower arrangement: it said Ellie Jones! Then, I knew something was up. I looked at the larger bouquet and it was for me! Gary hasn't sent me flowers since the year Chelsey was born; 16 years!
I can't even tell you how surprised I was! And the fact that he had gone in personally and signed the cards meant so much! I had thought that maybe his mom had gone in and done it for him, but it was his handwriting.
I also found out that he had sent bouquets to Mikayla and Chelsey at school, too. It was such a sweet and thoughtful thing to send them to the girls, too. He felt really bad about not sending a bouquet to Braquel, but he didn't know her address. We bought her an arrangement a day or two later and gave it to her when her and Keven came up for our Valentine's Day dinner!

1 comment:

  1. You even got me flowers for when we came up....I thought this was such a cool and thoughtful thing for Gary to do. Gotta love a guy like that!

    ReplyDelete