Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year! We celebrated at Annie's and were so busy it was crazy! I really miss spending the night with the kids like we used to, but New Year's Eve is the busiest night of the year at a bar. The kids all had other things they wanted to do anyway. Braquel spent the evening with Keven and Chelsey went to babysit. Mikayla wanted to go hang out with Kage's family, but we needed someone here for Treven and Ellie so she stayed home.

I did not make a resolution this year because I don't ever really keep them anyway. I just hope that I become a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend. and person with each year that passes. I want to spend as much time with my family as I can and do something good for my community. That's about it an a nut shell. With that in mind, I do have a few goals in mind for the coming months. Hopefully, I will look back next year and most of the goals will be accomplished! Here is my list:

1. Redecorate our master bedroom. Fresh coat of paint, new curtains, new bedspread, maybe some fun pictures on the walls. And of course, a little better organization in the closet area!

2. Finish the red wall in the dining room. I have something fun in mind for the wall and I want to get that finished. Also some window treatments.

3. Get back into the scrapbooking mode. I buy all this paper and stuff and then I put off actually scrapbooking because I feel like I don't have enough time. If I could even get a few pages per month done, it's better than leaving the pictures in the box.

4. Spend more time with family and friends. Whether it's BBQing or fishing or just scrapbooking, I would like to really focus on my relationships with others. I would also like to let people know how much they really mean to me.

5. More organized for Christmas 2010. I already have a skeleton list of what needs done and I intend to work on it all year long and not be so frazzled at Christmas next year. I bought the wrapping paper for next year already and I will be working on ornaments to match all year!

6. More charity work. We did Secret Santa for a family this year and it really made me think about not just giving at Christmas. Why can't it be all year long?

Well, I'm going to stop there or I will never accomplish these things. Any more and I would be overwhelmed! I will try to keep posting on the blog as things get done!! Have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals...mine is to spend more time with my family also and to lose weight...I know...I pick that one every year and never get it done, but I'm determined to do something about it this year. I am going to scrap with Kim on Friday's once or twice a month...she picked Friday nights...maybe you could come down once in awhile. Or...I'll come up there! Love you.

    ReplyDelete