Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Working on New Year Goals

In keeping with the post from the other day regarding trying to get more scrapbooking done, I actually completed a few things. Several months ago, I got a free kit from Close to My Heart. It had everything you need to make 16 really adorable cards. I spent all day Sunday working on that project. When it was done, there were still a few embellishments left, so I used the same design from the set to make 6 Valentine cards for Gary and the kids. I ended up with two brads and a couple of teeny flowers left. I did end up using a bit of my ribbon to finish the cards off and I used my own paper for the Valentine's, but overall it was all FREE! LOVE IT!

Well, that didn't get all my craftiness out of my system, so yesterday I put together 4 double page spreads for Ellie's scrapbook! I wish I had time to do more while I am in the "mood", but I had to go to work!

I'm getting really excited for the next scrapbook retreat. We will be putting together some challenges soon and I can't wait to get started on those. It really keeps me focused and in the right frame of mind when I know things need to get done soon! If anyone is interested in coming to the retreat check out www.janstamps.wordpress.com . There is some information there about registering early for a 10% discount. It's already quite affordable for what you get with the cost, but 10% off is an even better deal! We are providing the meals. a project, and the accommodations for the fabulous price of $90.00 (that's if you register early and save the 10%) What a deal for three days away doing what you love!!!!

Well, I am off to finish baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Great advertising girl...love it! Can't you get your photos to post again? Wait until you see the pages I did of Treven and Ellie. I'm having so much fun scrapping. The only thing better was if we could do it together!

    ReplyDelete