Monday, January 18, 2010

Request!

I have an interesting request from anyone that reads this blog. Mom is the only one that ever actually comments, but I am asking for help and it will require a comment!

Every Monday, I make a menu for the next 7 days of meals. Every week I ask the kids what they want and I ask Gary what he wants and no one ever really answers. I am tired of thinking of the same old things. SSSSOOOO- I am trying to put together a master list of at least 300 different dinners. This list will have soups, mexican dishes, pasta dishes, italian dishes, pizzas, everything I can think of. I need everyone out there that reads to help by sending their favorite dinners. You can send just a basic meal name or the whole actual recipe. Doesn't matter- it's all going in a log on my computer.

One of the commentors will get a little blog candy! It will be a surprise so please, please...... send me some ideas!

3 comments:

  1. All right...I'll bite and share if you let me copy the ones that you make and LOVE! I have too many recipes already to just copy all of them. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something similar to this and it works pretty well. I made a list of all the dinners I have and then I try to make all of them before I make any again. That way we aren't eating the same thing over and over again. Do you have what we call "Our favorite burritos"? (the ones with leftover roast we had as kids)My kids LOVE it. We eat a lot of Mexican food...fajitas, nachos, quesedillas, enchilada's(I have 4 recipes for these that are all different), Tom Peavey just gave us an easy idea for chicken tacos using the crock pot. I'll copy my list for you if you copy yours for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asparagus and shrimp Sautee

    enough asparaus to feed your family..canned is ok but fresh is best.

    Frozen shrimp uncooked but deviened.

    3 garlic cloves

    salt and pepper

    lemon juice

    Sautee the asparaus for about 3 minutes with veggie oil or olive oil. Add shrimp to sautee pan and added minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste and about 2 tsp lemon juice. Cook till pink and serve with rice.

    This is a little spendy if you can't get the asparugus off the creek bed.

    Easy chicken

    Take chicken pieces of your choice, legs, wings, breasts etc. Either with or without skin.

    place in crockpot and add a bottle of bbq sauce of your choice and a few dashes of hot sauce. Your choice on the hot sauce. You can also add veggies of your choice. I usually add cellery, and onions and maybe carrots. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8. I serve this with baked potatoes.

    ReplyDelete