Friday, December 17, 2010

MIA

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. There is so much going on this time of year that it's all I can do to keep up. It seems like I run and run all day and just get home in time to fall into bed and do it all over again the next day.

Chelsey turned 14 on Wednesday! Since it seems like she always gets ripped off (her birthday so close to Christmas has always been bad), I planned a night out at Doc's Pizza for our family and her grandparents. On the way there, she got sick and threw up all over outside the restaurant. She was so miserable, she didn't even look at the food much less eat any! I felt so bad for her. She got lots of great gifts, though, so hopefully that made her feel better. I told her she will never forget her 14th birthday!

The flu that got Chelsey also got the rest of us. One by one, we get it for a day or two and then we pass it on. It's horrible! I felt like I was run over by a truck! Every muscle and joint ached. My lower back was the worst; I truly wanted to die the other night! Poor Treven is taking his turn today. He just keeps telling me, "Mom, I feel yucky. Can't you do something?" I wish that I could get sick again myself so he would be his normal, happy-go-lucky self. He missed the best day of school ever!

Sally came and helped me get all of the secret santa things delivered yesterday. It sure made me appreciate how hard my husband works so we have a nice, warm home to live in! Sometimes I take for granted that most of us are all a paycheck away from being homeless...

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their holiday season! I probably won't have much time to blog next week, so please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers and we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment