Friday, August 19, 2011

4th of July


One of the main entries every year in our local parade is this bell. It belongs to one of our neighbors and it comes through town at the beginning and end of the parade. It's kind of neat to hear it and sets the mood.

Treven and a few of his friends wanted to ride their motorcycles in the parade instead of riding on the school float. They got special permission to ride on public streets since they're not actually supposed to ride on the roads without a drivers license. Treven was so excited he couldn't even stand the wait!

About halfway through the days events, Ellie finally gave up and took a short nap. She fell asleep on Mikayla and then Chelsey took her home for the rest of her nap. It's always such a long day and a rest is much needed! I really wish that I could have come home and napped, too!

They did the greased pig, a bunny, and kitty catch again this year. I'm so happy to say that Treven missed all of the creatures and we didn't have to worry about finding anything a home!

These a few of the local kids that were riding bikes in the parade. The kid in the front had a big tube full of confetti and he shot it off right by us. I missed the actual confetti popping out with my camera, but it looked really cool.

Mikayla's softball team took 2nd in state, so they were asked to do an entry. She asked me if I would pick up some water things at the dollar store, and against my better judgement, I did! They thought it was pretty funny to soak everyone! I didn't think it was too funny!

We sat toward the end of the parade route, so while we waited, Ellie got a bag of cotton candy. That kept her pretty busy while the floats made their way toward us. It turned out to be a good 4th and made me very thankful and proud to live in this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment