Monday, January 30, 2012

Survival Mode

Ellie started getting sick last Thursday. She started with a slight cough and then she got a runny/stuffy nose and a fever. Today, she is still not feeling well. She is still playing and being her crazy little self, but she whines constantly. She wants held all the time. She needs something every second of every day and every night. I don't think I've gotten 1 full night sleep if I added the sleep I did get the last three nights all together.

I'm trying to be patient! I REALLY wanted to do some crafting and Valentine decorating today as it is my ONLY day off this week. I bought some supplies and had the house clean and ready to go so there was no excuses to not get it done...

but instead, I find myself rocking my baby. Rubbing her tummy, her arms, her legs, her back. I'm getting up to get her a drink every thirty seconds or so. I'm taking her potty every 45 seconds because she is drinking soooo much! I know in my heart that this is where I need to be right now because she needs me. No one makes you feel better when you are sick than your mommy. So I will continue to spend my day off trying to make my little one feel better.

1 comment:

  1. That's why you are such a good mother. I love you because you are so wonderful with the kids and I'm proud of you. There'll be plenty of times to decorate and craft, but Ellie will remember how much you love her forever.

    ReplyDelete