Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Anniversary

Last night Gary and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. Wow! We got married when I was 16 and he was a whopping 18 years old. While we were having dinner we talked about how we started so young and how lucky we are to be where we are now. It's amazing how much we balance each other out. He's such a great man...he's a wonderful father and husband. He's honest and the kind of man that would give a complete stranger the shirt right off his back. He always sees the good in people and is so positive about everything (which is great because I worry about even the dumbest things). He is definitely the rock in our family. When I worry too much, he tells me to let it go and let him take care of things. There is nothing better than a hug from him when I've had a rotten day! He's so good to listen when I need a sounding board and when he offers advice only when I ask for it.

I just can't go on enough about what a great man Gary is. You'd really have to look long and hard to find anyone that had anything negative to say about him. He makes friends everywhere he goes and he is a loyal friend- one you have for life.

So, Happy Anniversary, babe! I love you more than anything in this world and I'm looking forward to the rest of my life with you.

2 comments:

  1. ok you made me cry this morning!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I must say that I never thought this would end up so well when you first got married. But even then, I could tell Gary had "something". He has proved it over and over. I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law either. He am so proud of how you have both worked together to make a good life, and especially how you've raised those grandkids of mine. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete