Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting the Christmas Spirit

Last year, my mom made a Christmas calendar countdown for us. There is a pocket for each of the 25 days leading up to Christmas morning and in each pocket, I tuck in a tag that says something we will do that day to get in the Christmas mood. Some days are simple, like Read a Christmas story or Write a letter to Santa. Some days are more time-consuming (especially on my part!) like Get the Christmas cards ready and mailed or make a Christmas treat and deliver to a neighbor. The kids really enjoy the countdown and I enjoy their excitement as they pull out each new tag. This really forces me to be organized at least a few days in advance, though! I have to say I'm not doing so well this week. Tuesday was supposed to be a day that Gary or I were going to take the kids to "A Christmas Carol" at the theater. However, we had two sick kids home from school that day so I feel like if they are too sick for school, they are too sick for the movies. I went to work and Braquel called and asked if she should switch some around. I said yes, pull out the next day. Well, it was make a treat. Fine, except I hadn't been to town to get supplies due to the two sick kids! I tell her to pull out Thursdays. Open the surprise gift under the tree...no gift because again, mom hadn't been to town. I tell her to pull out Fridays. Mail the Christmas cards...cards aren't ready yet because I hadn't been to town to have the family pictures copied to send out! I'm batting a thousand here!!! I tell her to pull out Saturday...visit Santa! Oh well, I guess my organization isn't always so great. I told her just to watch The Grinch and I would get the rest of the week taken care of!

I hope everyone else is a bit more organized than I am! To make myself feel better, I am committing myself to get a handmade gift done today and get one more person off the Christmas list! Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You sound about as busy as I've been this week. I'm always thinking I'll be organized and everything ready the first of December so I can actually enjoy the holiday...ha. Good luck. Hope the kids are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete