Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Best Christmas Present Ever!

We had the best Christmas present ever about 6:30 this morning! Braquel got up to leave for work (she had to be in Burley by 7). Ellie had been really fussy and I had just laid her back in her crib, but she kept crying. I had this horrible feeling as Braquel walked out the door. I just sat in my bed and prayed that she would be safe and no harm would come to her.

About twenty minutes later, the phone rang and my heart sunk to my knees. I knew something was wrong. When I answered the phone, a little shaky voice said, Mom! Then the tears started and she said, " I just rolled my jeep on its side." I really didn't think your heart could drop lower than your knees, but in that moment, it did.

I told her we were on our way. I woke Mikayla up to sit with Ellie and we got dressed as fast as could. I called 911 and she said there was already a fire truck on the scene and a police officer was on his way. Several guys on their way to work tipped her back over. (luckily she had her seat belt on so she was very shaken but unhurt.)

I couldn't believe it when we got to the scene. The roads were pure sheets of ice and the wind had blown drifts across several spots of the road. Her car was on the opposite side of the road and facing the opposite way she had been going. She doesn't remember if she did a cookie or how she got going the wrong direction. She went into the barrow pit and through a guys fence where the car then proceeded to tip over onto the passenger side.

I can't tell you how lucky we were this morning. Once we got the paperwork done and got her home and knew she was safe, I started thinking about if the outcome had been different. We could be spending Christmas in the hospital or worse, in the funeral home. Instead we have our beautiful daughter home with us. So, thank you, God for the best Christmas gift ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment