Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Chelsey

I guess it's finally official! My husband is moving out this weekend!!! From the time the three girls were tiny, he told me that as soon as all three were teenagers, he was moving out of the house and into the camper. He said there was no way he could live with me and three teenage girls....well, Chelsey turned 13 this morning at 2:08! I will sure miss him, but we knew it was coming to this sooner or later!

All joking aside, our baby is now a teenager. It makes me sad in a way...the time has just sped by. You think you have forever with them with they are first born and then all of a sudden, they are going to kindergarten. Then you blink and they are getting married. My mom used to tell me to cherish every moment because they go so fast, but I didn't really comprehend.

We are having the grandparents over for dinner tonight. She wanted salmon, but I couldn't find any so we are having petite sirloin, fried red potatoes, zucchini and carrots, and garlic bread. She wants homemade raspberry ice cream for dessert and I thought I would bake her a white cake to go with it. I make homemade freezer jam and this summer I did a mixed berry. It's Chelsey's favorite so I thought I would throw a little bit of that in the batter. I hope she likes it. I will be taking her to Twin on Friday to do her birthday shopping. They have finals all week and no school Friday, so we decided that would be the best time to go. Should be fun. She is having a friend stay the night on Thursday and she will go shopping with us, too.

Happy Birthday, Chelsey! Love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. We love you too! You've grown up so much this past year. Or maybe I should say...matured. I love watching you with your baby sister and how sweet you are with her. You are such a wonderful grandaughter...couldn't ask for better.

    ReplyDelete