Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kathy's Birthday

Last Friday was my friend, Kathy's birthday. She and her husband, Todd had gone to Costco over the weekend and saw a pontoon boat that she wanted. He decided to get it for her for her birthday, but he wanted to surprise her. He asked me on Monday if I was going to Twin sometime that week and I told him I could go on Thursday. All week, we plotted and schemed on how to surprise her.

Because Todd was on-call that weekend, she kept telling us that they were not coming into Annie's. We debated and debated on how to get her there without blowing the secret. Finally, I told Todd to tell her that I was going to surprise her with a cake or something and that if she didn't come in, it would really hurt my feelings. Kathy would never hurt anyone on purpose, so she and Todd came in.
The plan was that I would leave the boat in the back of my car and somehow get her outside to see it. I asked her and Todd if they would help me unload all my Costco supplies. She looked at me really funny and immediately knew something had to be up. She told me,"You never ask for help. What's up?" In the meantime, I had my friend, Diana hiding in the backseat of my car with my camera so we could get some shots of her surprise! We finally got her out there, and VOILA!

She was so excited! She immediately told Todd, "Let's go fishing!"



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHY ! LOVE YA, GIRL!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment