Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wal-mart Annoys Me!

My computer (for some strange reason) will no longer read my memory card. So roughly once a week or so, I take my memory card to Wal-mart and I download all the pics onto a CD so I can update my blog and reduce the risk of losing my pictures. A week ago Monday, I went in and downloaded 100 or so pics. I also had a couple that I wanted printed so I can take them to the retreat next week. I wait an hour or so and go back to pick them up. Their freakin' machine is down. The girl says it's been down since 10 and I don't know when it will be back up. I tell her that this is not the first or the second time this has happened and if I was going to have to wait for more than 1 hour, I would not pay for 1 hour services- they would need to mark them to the few day prices. She says I would have to redownload all my stuff. I tell her I've already waited an hour and a half and was not going to do that. I walk away before I start swearing.

Yesterday ( one week and two days later) I was at Wal-mart and thought I should pick up my cd and pictures. There's nothing for me in the one hour. I tell her check the send out because maybe, the girl knew how mad I was and redid them for me as send out. nothing there, either....so thank heavens I did not delete the pics off my camera! So, again I tell the girl what a crappy photo lab they run and that I will start taking care of my photo needs elsewhere! Is it just me or was I a bit irrational? No. I think I was patient given the situation...what if I had deleted my pictures? You can't replace them!

So, I went to Walgreens and checked out their photo lab. CD's are 50 cents more each, but I have a coupon for 30 pics for $3.00 so it evens out. I'm going to give them a try!

5 comments:

  1. WalMart drives me crazy too. I ran in last week and download some photos...I pull out the card and the machine starts reloading their freaking software. The last time I was in there, I tried all three machines...it did the same thing. So they tell me it must be my card. I bought a new one...and that's the one that sent it crazy again! i've had it with them too. I ran into Tenille last week after that happened, and she told me she gave up on the photo lab and went to WalGreen's....so I hope you have good luck there, because if you do...I'm headed there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco is too far away- I just don't get there often enough and no matter how hard I try to justify, the gas costs 20 times what the pictures cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it depends on what Walmart you are at. The photo center manager at my Walmart is totally awesome and I never have trouble there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Walgreens today and it went great. I got my wallet-sized pics for the retreat project, several photos of Easter, and finally a cd with 214 of my most recent pics. It was all done in less than an hour and I didn't have to wait for anyone else at the kiosk! Totally happy right now!

    ReplyDelete