Friday, March 19, 2010

Signs of Spring

These are the beginnings of my daffodils. They are my absolute favorite spring flower and I can't wait to see them bloom. Luckily for me, there are several patches of daffodils throughout our yard.
Here are the starts of my tulips. When they bloom, they will be in gorgeous shades of reds and yellows.


This is a little shrub outside our kitchen window. I'm not sure what kind it is or if the berries are edible or not.


I don't know what kind of flowers these are, but my little man and his friends found these outside by our water faucet. They are just teeny tiny little flowers, but they are sure pretty.


The absolute first sign of spring is the kids wanting to get outside. Treven was heading to school and Ellie was just squealing and yelling at him through the screen to get his attention. She wanted to go, too!




1 comment:

  1. Cool photos...love the purple flowers. I think those are crocus. They are usually the first things to bloom. My daffadils are coming through also, but not nearly as far along as your's are.
    Thanks for all your efforts putting on the shower yesterday. How did it end up? Grandma said Kristine and Tonya were the only ones that came after I left. I sure appreciate all you are doing for this year long service project...love you!

    ReplyDelete