Monday, April 5, 2010

Final Retreat Challenges

This layout was for the challenge of paper piecing. I didn't really want to do a lot of piecing-I wanted the focus on Ellie's first birthday and I really wanted to use as many photos as possible. I paper pieced the candles and then I added big heart rhinestones for the flames....something about rhinestones lately...can't get enough of them!
This layout was for the $5.00 challenge. I bought two sheets of purple cardstock, 1 sheet of black, eight flowers, eight brads, and 1 yard of ribbon. My receipt is below to prove that it is possible to create a cute double page spread for less than $5.00!

The retreat is starting on Thursday! I'm getting excited, but I have so much to do to get ready and I feel overwhelmed this time. I'm not as organized as I would like to be...oh well, even if I get nothing done, I will have fun! It will be great to get away for a few days- no diapers to change, no noses to wipe, no carpooling to driver's ed, no kids fighting....


2 comments:

  1. I really like both of these layouts. I take it you got your photos from Walgreen's. What did you think of them? How was the service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been to Walgreens twice now and have had no trouble either time. I have been the only one at the kiosk both times so I didn't feel rushed. The pics were done in less than an hour. I think it is slightly more expensive, but if you factor how much extra I spend walking around Walmart for an hour, I am probably saving money!

    ReplyDelete