Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

I know that I am a day late, but better late than never! It was just too busy yesterday to sit here and post! I am so thankful for my family. A husband that works his tail off so I can stay home and take care of our kids. What a blessing! I've seen all of their first steps and I get to do the room mother thing...no greater gift that he could give our family! I'm thankful for five gorgeous, healthy kids who give me a reason to get up every morning. My sun rises and sets in these angels. All I have ever wanted to be from the time I was a child was to be a mom! I hear others complain about their kids, but I honestly enjoy spending time with them. They are awesome! I'm grateful for mine and Gary's extended families. There truly is no greater blessing than family and we love getting together with our parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews. We know that if we ever needed anything, all we have to do is ask! I'm thankful for the home that I have. I always joke that I will die in this house because I hate moving. Really, I just want to die in this house because it's so perfect for us. Aside from being a bathroom or two short! LOL! Seriously, I love everything about our house: the big lawn, the clothesline, the cabin, the creek that runs behind it, the windows in the dining room, the huge laundry/craft room that is always a disaster! I especially love living in such a small town. My kids can play outside and I don't worry that they will be kidnapped or anything. I know every single kid in the school and all of their parents. Way cool! I'm also blessed to have so many friends. I know that we don't get to see everyone as much as we would like, but I know they are there for us and we are there for them, no matter what! It's so awesome knowing there are so many friends out there who have your back! I am thankful to live in America. Sometimes I really worry about where our country is headed, but I still believe it's better here than most anywhere else. Who wants to live in North Korea or Iraq? There are so many opportunities here and I appreciate being here. Lastly, I am so thankful for God. Without his grace and mercy, where would I be? I am thankful for the forgiveness He freely gives and for His son dying on the cross to save little old pitiful me! His gift was the ultimate sacrifice and I am so thankful for it!

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment