Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tagged

Yes, mom, I do read your blog almost daily! (Even if it shows you haven't posted for 4 weeks, I know you post more often so I check it out often!)

Mom tagged me to write 10 things that I love...the first few are obviously easy, we'll see about the last few!

1. I love my family more than anything in the world. Without them, where would I be? My husband is my rock; he is always there for me and he makes me feel so safe and loved. My kids are true geniuses! (I think they get that from me!) They are my existence-everything I do is for them. I don't think they realize just how much they mean to me. My parents, brothers and sisters, Gary's family, all of my family are just amazing. It's really awesome when your best friends are your family.

2. I love God. He has a huge place in my life even though I don't go to church much. I pray almost constantly- not usually asking for anything, but acknowledging Him in everything. When I see the flowers or anything in nature, I feel like He is closest to me and I try to really listen to what He is saying. He has blessed me with so much and I am so thankful that I can lean on Him when things seem to have no rhyme or reason-there is security knowing that "All things work together for good for those who love God." There is always a reason something is happening, even if I don't know what it is!

3. Friends: When I look back over my life, I really don't have a lot of friends, but the ones that I do have, have been friends for years. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have this hang up about not asking for help, but I know that any one of my friends would be there if I asked. They are all so thoughtful and generous- I love hanging out with them.

4. I love my home. When we first looked at the house and knew it was the "one" we put our house on the market. We made an offer on this house and had the contingency that we had to sell our house first. It took longer than we thought and the deadline came and went. I was so worried about losing this house, that I called the man in charge of the estate and practically begged him to give us longer and not to sell it to someone else. He was so kind and pretty much told me he was a man of his word and that house was ours! He has now become a good friend and every night Gary and I thank God that he didn't sell out to someone else! We have really enjoyed fixing the house and making it our home...I told Gary that I will never move again- I will die in this house!

5. I love to cook. I used to look at making meals as a chore that got so tedious. Then, I started my addiction- collecting cookbooks. I especially love the ones that churches, schools, communities, etc put out. They are "real" food-not crap that noone will eat and they don't have ingredients that you can't find anywhere but the big cities. I don't want to eat tofu- I want good food that sticks to your ribs. Now, I enjoy making yummy food that brings our family to the table. The kids tease me about trying so many new things, but I tell them for every 5 that are so-so, we will find one that is out of this world!

6. I love to relax. Whether its on the deck after a long day or in a very hot bath, there is nothing like knowing your day is done and you're home free! The levis get traded in for lounge pants, the hair goes up in a ponytail, and the shoes are off...freedom!

7. I love scents- I know it's weird, but good smells really make my day. Clean clothes, anything cinnamon-ish, coconut-ish, it doesn't matter. I love coming home and my house smells like someone has been baking fresh cookies or muffins...it brings a smile to my face and makes me happy to be home.

8. I enjoy crafting. I'm not really fabulous at anything specific, but I like to scrapbook, make cards, a bit of sewing, etc. I like to make rag quilts and receiving blankets because they are easy- I don't do zippers or pleats at all. I prefer things with straight lines and buttons only if absolutely necessary! I like making things that I can give as gifts, too.

9. I like spending time with my family and friends. BBQing, 4-Wheeling, fishing, camping, roasting marshmallows by our fire pit...doesn't really matter as long as we are together. We just bought a boat and I am so looking forward to hanging out with everyone on the water.

10. I love to look on the internet and in magazines for new ideas. They really inspire me. Cooking magazines, scrapbooking magazines, home decor magazines, I love them all and have to really force myself to throw them out after awhile. I can't get enough of them!

Well, there it is. 10 things I love. I could probably expand more on each one, but I think you get the hint. I guess I am supposed to tag 4 people to do the same, but mom tagged everyone that I know that might read my blog! So, I am going to challenge anyone out there who reads this to make their post and let me know so I can read it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks...loved reading it. And finding out what you love. I just about could have guessed most of them anyway, but love reading what you write. You have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete