Thursday, June 10, 2010

Retreat Challenge #1


Retreat time is coming up again and we have started listing challenges! Each of the challenges will have something to do with our retreat theme. The first challenge was to list a tip/technique. We will be doing something fun with all of the tips a little later so I'm hoping that a lot of the ladies will submit theirs. My tip was to reuse strawberry containers (vamped up of course!) and turn them into boxes for homemade treats. I cut a piece of scrap paper to fit the top of the lid, then I added the flower front, then some kind of treat (fudge, caramel popcorn, etc) goes inside, then it all gets tied up with a big bow. Really fun and really cheap. My second tip was to stop comparing your artistic abilities with others. I look at other peoples pages and mine just never seem to compare. I have learned, though, that it's ok. My kids are happy with what I put together and the pictures and story have a home in their books forever- not in a shoebox or stuffed under the bed. It has taken so much pressure off me to figure this out and I enjoy scrapbooking so much more now. Which is the point, really-to enjoy the hobby!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! Love it. I have a ton of the smaller,plastic,red,coffee containers...think of something fun for those. You're too funny. I love all your pages and cards and think they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete