Monday, June 7, 2010

WHEW-LIFE IS CRAZY

Just an update since I haven't posted for a week or so. I have several new cards for the card a day that I need to post, but I haven't had a chance to get them on a cd. They are awfully cute cards, though so I will hopefully get them done today.

We moved Braquel into her own little house on Tuesday. Grandma and Grandpa Jones helped cart her stuff to Heyburn and we got most everything put together and put away that night. She did have a few things to finish up. She seems to enjoy living on her own, but we miss her a lot! She had her wisdom teeth removed just over a week ago and was hating life for a few days! She took her pack test for the BLM yesterday and passed, so I guess she gets to keep her job!

Mikayla and I have been busy redoing Braquel's old room for her. I gave her and Chelsey each $100 and told them they had to make it go as far as they could on their new rooms. Mikayla chose to paint her walls and ceiling white and she picked a black and white comforter set. She also bought 2 new pillows, some black picture frames to hang on the walls, and she still has about $25 left to do finishing touches. It looks really nice and I can't wait to help her pick some pictures to put in her frames.

Chelsey went to Boise this weekend with our local Young Women's group. They did something at the hospital (tye-died pillowcases, I think) and they got to spend some time at the mall...Chelsey was in heaven! She has also redone her room in a eggplantish color. It has some grays and creams on her comforter and she bought a couple of throw pillows that look cool with it. She also bought a really pretty mirror so she can get ready in her room.

Treven is bored already. Every single day he asks if someone can come and play. He is driving me absolutely crazy! He knows we are going camping over Father's Day weekend for the Jones reunion and he counts down the days about once an hour. He can't wait to stay the night with Braquel since she has an extra room that she tells him is all his. He loves his big sister so much and he misses her more than the rest of us.

Ellie has started walking. She still is a bit unsure of herself, but she is getting better every day. We went to a friend's house for a BBQ last night and their little boy has a small 4-wheeler. She got on it and even learned to push the button to make it go forward. I was gonna get her one next year for her birthday, but Gary thinks she might be too big by then. Guess who will probably get one today!

Gary has been staying busy in the truck the last couple of weeks. He is enjoying his newly found spare time. I have been running still so I haven't found that same spare time! Everyone from the bar keeps telling me- Wait a week-you'll be bored and ready to go back to work! It hasn't happened yet! I guess people don't know me as well as they think. I am never bored!!!! I took a canning class on Thursday and attended a canning lab on Saturday. I learned a lot and I am anxious to get the garden going so I can bottle up all that fresh goodness with no preservatives!
Well, that's life this week at the Jones. I will have all my pics downloaded today so I will have lots of new things to post soon! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Whew...that's right. Canning class huh? I'll bet that was interesting. What did you learn?
    I stopped and saw Braquel's home on Saturday. She was busy doing laundry and vaccuming already. Looked nice.

    ReplyDelete