Monday, August 10, 2009

2009 Stapelman Reunion

This is a new game that all the kids wanted to get in on. Two kids (or adults, too I guess) sit across from one another with their feet up against each other. They place their hands on the stick, one kids hands on the inside and one on the outside. They pull each other and whoever pulls one over, pulls the stick out of the others hands, or tips the other one over backwards is the winner. Here is Treven playing with Clay Stapelman. He pulled him over so Treven was the winner. They had a ball doing this game. Mikayla even liked it, although she said her back was killing her after playing a few times.
This was supposed to be a picture of the boys starting the game, but somehow I downloaded the exact same picture as above. I guess I was really proud of Treven's win!!!

Some of the bigger kids watching and waiting for their turn to play the Stick Game. Note all of the sweatshirts! It had been raining the night before and it was downright freezing. Everyone had hoodies or blankets as they participated in the activities. Earlier that morning they had some relays that I missed out on, but there were a few people that were walking around limping. It was quite the workout from what I understand- they had to pull around 400 pounds of rock salt for one of the relays....glad I missed out!


This is what I bought from the auction. There is a cake mix inside of the box and the icing to match. The front flap folds down and there are three tubes of sprinkles to decorate your cupcakes and inside the star pocket are little bags with birthday party hat decorations to put on the top. Too cute. I'm going to use it for a pattern, switch up the supplies for Christmas and give them to the neighbors as gifts.



1 comment:

  1. You should have been there for the amazing race games. Even though we were limping and can't move today...it was really fun. I thought the Jensen's did a great job on the reunion.

    ReplyDelete