Monday, August 17, 2009

Roaring Springs

Time for ice cream!
This is Mikayla and I coming down the Avalanche! Pretty scary!

Braquel and Mikayla tanning on the lounge chairs. Both got a bit sunburnt and wish they hadn't laid out for so long!


Ellie enjoyed the sunshine, too. It was such a long weekend for her (her schedule was thrown right out the window), but she was so good.



Braquel, Mikayla, Nicholas, and Treven on the race track! I think Nico won the race. Treven said that was the best water slide out of them all!
We had such a dramatic vacation! Ellie started being really grumpy on Tuesday. I thought it was her teeth coming in because she was so slobbery, but she just got worse. She wouldn't smile and she cried every time I put her down. I took her to the doctor as a precaution on Thursday and sure enough, she ha a double ear infection and the back of her throat was red. The doctor put her on antibiotics and she started to get better by Saturday morning. (Although we dealt with diarrhea all weekend!)
We left for Boise Saturday morning with plans to go to the water park. It was really windy, though so we decided to do the school shopping on Saturday instead of Sunday. We hit the outlet mall and got Treven and Ellie some fall/winter clothes at Osh Kosh and Carters. Then we went to the Boise Towne Square Mall and met up with Victor and Michelle and their kids. The guys ditched us (much to the delight of all the teenagers) and went to Cabellas and Hooters for hotwings! Michelle and I stayed out of the stores most of the time because the stroller didn't work well in the midst of hundred of people in each store-it was a mad house that day. The girls all got lots of cute things and I got a few pictures of Braquel's last school shopping trip...more about that later.
After the mall, we went to check in the hotel and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate Treven's upcoming birthday. He had never been there before so we thought it would be fun. I think the older kids thought it would be lame, but they actually all ended up enjoying the night. Lina told me it was the funnest place ever. All of the big kids donated their tickets to Treven so he could get a bigger prize in the end. He ended up getting a Chuck E. Cheese baseball and mitt, a rocket, and some Pop Rocks for all of the kids. Again, I took lots of pics...more about that later!
We got back to the hotel about 10. The kids went to workout and I tried to get Ellie to sleep. We got two rooms (1 for Gary and I and the two little ones and 1 for all 5 teenage girls) They all brought treats and goodies for an up-all-night party so of course Treven wanted to be with them. I guess shopping wore them all out so they decided they would actually sleep. Treven finally ended up with us and asleep as soon as his head hit the pilllow.
We got to the water park not too long after they opened. The kids took off and started hitting the slides. I got some fun pics of Treven. Steph and David and their crew were there, too so I got some pics of them in the Wave Pool. Then I went to get some pics of the older kids in the Wave Pool and my camera kept telling me there was something wrong with my memory card-it could be damaged. It would let me do anything.....there are almost 2000 pics on that card. Luckliy I had downloaded everything up until our vacation so all I lost was the one from the mall and Chuck E. Cheese. I would have been sick if I had lost all my pics since Christmas...I hat to even think about it. (If anyone knows what could be wrong and how I could possibly retrieve the pics-PLEASE LET ME KNOW-I AM DESPERATE!) Anyway, the park is across from a Walgreens and I was going to go buy another memory card, but Michelle said she had an empty one if it would work in my camera. Luckily it did and I was able to get some pics from the Roaring Springs Water Park. It's the best I could do!
So that was our vacation. I'll post som pics of all the new school clothes later-




1 comment:

  1. OMG...I hate it when anything happens to my pics. Maybe you should just buy an exterior hard drive, and store your files of pics on that, as well as burning CD's. You can never be too careful. As far as the disk...2000 photos? Is it just full by chance? Can you retrieve them on your computer now? Sorry...Hate it. Glad the girls got lots of cute school clothes, and I want a fashion show just for me!

    ReplyDelete