Thursday, August 20, 2009

Counting my Blessings

Last week there was a local man and his two sons that died together in a plane crash. I went to school with most of the kids in their family so it really hit close to home. I can't imagine losing my husband and both of my sons at the same time. I would be absolutely devastated...anyway, I have had the Mingo family on my mind and in my prayers all week.

My mom called me yesterday after the funeral and said that she really felt the need to let her children know how much she loves them and how proud of us she is. I can't tell you how much it means to hear. I have always known my mom loved us and that she was proud of us, but it still nice to be told again. In the course of our conversation, we talked about how our family is really not a huggy-touchy family. I realized that I really don't kiss my kids and tell them I love them often enough. I think they know deep down just like I did that they are loved and the essence of my whole world, but I bet they would like to hear it aloud. I'm going to make it a point to tell them or show them every single day how important they are to me. Anyone who knows me knows this will be a challenge! I'm much better at writing my feelings than saying them. It's extremely hard for me to say certain things out loud!!! But, none of us truly know how much time we have left to spend with our families and friends and I want the people I love to know they are loved.

Okay, so I have probably gone on enough for one day with my emotions! Time to put them back inside and not on my sleeve! Hope you all have a fabulous day and I encourage you all to let someone know you love them-I know I'm going to!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you for your efforts. I know your kids know you love them...but it is nice to hear it outloud once inawhile huh? I do love you and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete