Thursday, August 13, 2009

In the Garden...

I went out to pick green beans this morning and thought I would check on the rest of the veggie progress. There are quite a few green tomatoes and a few orange ones, but not really any red yet. If they don't get moving soon, it will freeze here and we will lose them!
These are some Italian Roaster Peppers. They are long and skinny and I think they aren't supposed to be too hot. Mostly for good flavor. They should be done soon.

These are Pimento Peppers- also not too hot and for flavor. So far, none of the really hot peppers have grown much, but they sure have lots of blossoms. It's too bad we have such a short growing season around here.


Can you guess what these are? Up and down both sides of my bean row, we found deer prints. They didn't trample the beans or eat them or anything-they must have just been checking things out, too!



These prints remind me of a story I once heard:
There was a Christian scientist and an atheist scientist doing research in the desert. One night before bed, the Christian scientist was saying his prayers and the atheist asked him, "How do you know there is a God out there listening to you?" The Christian answered and said, "I have faith." The atheist asked "Have you seen God face to face? Have you ever heard God's spoken voice?" The Christian had to admit that no, he had never seen God face to face and no, God had never spoken aloud to him.
The next morning, the Christian exited his tent and found the atheist studying some prints in the sand. "We had a camel come through here last night," said the atheist.
"Did you see him face to face?" asked the Christian.
"No." said the atheist.
"Did you speak to him and he answer aloud?" asked the Christian.
"No," said the atheist. "But look, there are footprints all around, he had to have been here."
"And that is why I have faith in God," said the Christian. "I can't see Him face to face and I can't hear His spoken voice, but His footprints are all around me and I can see where He has been."
I like to think of this story when I look at God's blessing on my life. Even the simple things-like deer prints in my garden that remind me of nature and how much I love living in the mountains. You won't find these deer prints in Burley or Rupert. Simple things like an abundance of green beans that will help feed my family all winter long. God is good! Have a blessed day!




1 comment:

  1. God is good...there are sooo many blessings our family enjoys. When I think of the Mingo's and what they must be going through, I'm so grateful for our health and safety. I want you to know how much I love your family and appreciate them. Tell Braquel & Treven thanks for coming by to see me yesterday. Love them!

    ReplyDelete