Friday, July 30, 2010

Mysterious Rash

A couple of weeks ago, Ellie woke up with this mysterious rash. It pretty much covered her entire body except her face. She had a few little spots the night before, but nothing like this.
I called the doctor and told them she had had a fever a few days earlier (which I attributed to being in the sun too much over the 4th of July weekend) and now she had this rash. I knew it wasn't chicken pox or anything like that, but I had never seen anything like this before in my life.

They got her right in and after looking her over, the dr said it was something viral and he had no idea where it came from or what it was for sure. He told me it would clear up on its own and if they started to itch, give her Benadryl. He also said to watch for signs of trouble breathing or high fever, but other than that, do nothing! I've never been to the dr before when they don't give you medicine whether you need it or not! Weird! Anyway, he was right...within two days the rash disappeared and she was back to normal!


No comments:

Post a Comment