Sunday, April 18, 2010

AAAAHHHHH....Sunday again

It's Sunday again and let me tell you, it's the best day of the whole week! Finally a day off! (Well, sort of!) I did 12 loads of laundry today along with cleaning the entire house top to bottom, raking the yard, playing baseball with Treven, Mikayla, and Chelsey. I also planned meals and a grocery list for the coming week, made new chore charts for the kids, and I cooked a fabulous dinner. Whew....I think working is a lot less work!

I tried a new recipe for pork loin tonight and I have to say it was pretty good. It cooked with apples, onions, and garlic as well as rosemary. It was yummy, but for some reason, one end of the loin wasn't quite as done as the other. I had to slice it and throw it back in the oven for a bit longer. I also did fried red potatoes with onions, bacon, and covered in gooey cheese! YUM! Also served green beans out of our garden from last summer and strawberry pie. We invited Lee and Woody over for dinner and had a good time visiting with them. It always makes me nervous to cook for Woody as he is such a great cook (having owned his own restaurant for 20 years or so!) He is always so gracious, though. I'm pretty sure he would say it was good even if it sucked eggs!

Anyway, it was a great day...beautiful weather and so many chores done! It feels good to get a few things off the TO-DO list! I'm getting some new pictures on a cd tomorrow so I will have something new to post in the next few days. Hope you have a super week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you post. Mikayla said you were having Leigh and Woody over for dinner. I admire how much you entertain. We never seem to do that and I miss it. Hope your week is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete