Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Poor Ellie

This is Ellie in her normal, happy state. We noticed this weekend that she seemed particularly grumpy and was sleeping a lot compared to her normal sleep schedule. Monday night, the girls put her to bed. I got home around 11 and was watching tv before going to bed when Gary brought Ellie out to me. She had woken up and I figured she would cuddle for a minute, drink some milk, and go right back to sleep. No such luck. I put her back in bed and she screamed. I tried to settle her down several times between putting her in bed with Gary and I and then back in her bed. All she did was cry. So I ended up taking her out in the living room until 3:30 or so in the morning. Even out there, she just cried. I was starting to think she had an ear infection or something. Finally about 4, she went to sleep. The next morning (about 7- yeah, I got 3 hours of sleep!) we got up and Gary asked me if maybe she was cutting some teeth. I said no- I had not noticed any bumps in her mouth or diarrhea (which seemed to accompany all new teeth for my other 4 kids) I told him that maybe she had an ear infection. Later that day, I checked her mouth just in case and found three new teeth! There is also one more trying to break through. This poor kid must have been absolutely miserable!
This was Saturday at Treven's baseball game. I didn't see much of him playing because all Ellie wanted to do was go down the slide! She would go all by herself and I would catch her at the bottom- pure, complete, joy for her! The smile on her face was pure, complete, joy for me!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa...four teeth at once? OMG...she must have been miserable. She is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete