Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gooding Homecoming

My niece, Linsday was nominated for Gooding's Homecoming Royalty. David called one day and asked if they could borrow the BMW so she could be in the parade, so Mikayla and I drove down and took them the car. Lindsay looked so beautiful!

This is Lindsay with her date. I'm sorry but I can't remember his name. They looked really cute together. All of the nominated royalty and their dates lined up at the end of the parade so there are a lot of other people in the background. I tried to zoom in on them the best that I could!
Here is Lindsay getting ready for the parade. The car has a VERY SMALL area that she had to sit on. I found out later that she and her date had to fit there...tight squeeze! Good thing she is so skinny!


This is Linsday before we left their house. Mikayla helped her do her hair and she looked absolutely fabulous. It amazes me how fast our little ones have grown up....so not right. I can still remember when Steph and I would take the girls to the park and Lindsay would never sit still. She was always running away from Steph so she could go down the slide or play on the swings. I love having self-functioning teens, but there are days I wish we could go back and do the swimming pool, park, McDonald thing all over. Our girls used to spend every weekend going back and forth between each others houses and then we would meet up at least once a week for play dates. Now they want to date boys and hang with their friends instead of with us! I guess it's all part of growing up, but it doesn't mean I have to like it! Anyway, we are really proud of you, Lindsay! Thanks for letting us come and be part of your big day!



2 comments:

  1. I so need copies of these photos...mine were all taken in the dark and aren't nearly as clear. She is beautiful isn't she? Love it! You didn't get any photos of the car though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have pictures of the car, but I wanted the post to just be about Lindsay and her special day!

    ReplyDelete