Friday, October 22, 2010


Years ago, my mom made a ribbon holder for the girls. Now that we have Ellie, we needed another one! I looked everywhere for some wooden rings, but I couldn't find any, so I bought a package of 12 shower curtain rings instead! Worked great and I got to finish what I had going on in my head! I bought a spool of the polka dot ribbon and ended up getting 4 holders! I threaded the ribbon through the ring and sewed a straight line across the ribbon to hold it in place. Then I embellished the stitched line with flowers to cover it up.

When I was buying my ribbon and rings, I bought 6" of various colors of satin to make bows. You use several various sizes of circles and burn them to make them curl. Put a brad through the circles to hold them in place and glue onto a clippie and you have an easy but cute hairbow. One trick I learned, though...don't use a lighter to burn the edges. It burns the living daylights out of your fingers. Spend the extra couple of bucks and buy one of those aim-a-flame things! Way worth the money!!! These are fairly small and not too curled because they were for Ellie. When I made some for the older girls, I used bigger circles and curled the edges more. It looked funny on such a little girl, though, to have them so curled.

Here is the final project finished and hairbows all in place. No more smashed bows or digging through the drawer to find the one you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment