Friday, October 1, 2010

October Blog Hop Projects

Okay, okay...canning isn't necessarily creative, but these were in a way! I wanted to make some sauces for ice cream and I couldn't find any recipes that could be canned. There were lots of recipes out there for chocolate sauce and stuff, but you just made a couple of cups and refrigerated them. So, I found some recipes for jam that sounded good and I tweaked them to make them what I wanted. The red jar is chocolate-raspberry sauce and the yellow jar is a tropical sauce. Both are delicious over ice cream! They are also good on french toast, pancakes, and waffles if you like very sweet toppings for breakfast. I have to have them in small doses when we eat them for breakfast!
This was a fun project and so simple. I bought the fabric last year and used it this year as a table runner. I also bought the glittered HALLOWEEN sign last year. I put it up somewhere and then I couldn't find it to use last year. Luckily, I found it for this year so I can use it! I bought the tall vase at the dollar store and also the skeleton heads in the vase. I bought the tall white candles at the dollar store, too and I just hot glued some spiders on them. It came together really well and was so cheap it's almost scary!!!! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. The toppings sound absolutely wonderful...we'll have to have bannana splits one of these get togethers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toppings look yummy and I love your pumpkins and your centerpiece. I finally got my October post up. You can check it out at www.allthingsrobbin.blogspot.com Sorry I'm late!

    ReplyDelete