Monday, August 2, 2010

What is up with Cassia County School Dist?

Well, I just found out that school isn't starting on the 23rd of August like we thought...now it's the 30th. What the heck...do they not realize that some parents were very excited for the 23rd? Also, we downloaded a copy of the school supply list for the 8th grade and it's absolutely ridiculous. When I was in jr high (and some of you may think it was a LONG time ago, but really it wasn't) all we needed were notebooks and pens. Chelsey's list has 23 separate items and several items are multiples. I'm thinking it will cost me $150-$200 just to get her registered and her school supplies bought. So much for free education....and they've raised the rates for the kids to play athletics. It was $50 per year no matter how many sports they played. Now it's $60 for 1 sport, $100 for 2 sports, and $125 for 3. I'm getting tired of hearing about budget cuts and such crap...do they not realize that ALL OF OUR BUDGETS have been cut? There for awhile Gary's paychecks dropped more than 25%, yet everyone and their dog increased prices. Our utility rates went up, groceries went up, everything but the paychecks went up. No wonder we are in a freaking recession! I'm thinking we may never get out, either. Enough of my ranting and raving...I just get so frustrated when everyone thinks the answer is to pass on the budget deficits to the working class people (ENOUGH ALREADY- WE ARE MAXED OUT, TOO!)

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for people. I think they only cut athletics or raise prices for those, because they know people want their kids to participate and they'll pay it. I think it's ridiculous they can't find other places to cut...I can sure feel for you.

    ReplyDelete