Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Hop Starts Today!

For this months Blog Hop, the theme was "sew much fun!" The project could be anything as long as there was some sort of stitching somewhere. I made these fun flowersack dishtowels for our family auction. The eyes on the fabric even glow-in-the-dark; how cool is that?
Here is a closer look at the eyes. I just sewed a strip across the bottom of the dishtowel and then I sewed on the huge rick-rack. I also made a set that was red with white snowflakes and instead of rick-rack, I sewed a strip of small white pom-poms. I forgot to get a picture of those, though. I had "sew much fun" with these, I think I will make a couple more sets for each holiday and maybe some more just because. A girl can never have too many dishtowels!

My second project was curtains for Mikayla's room. She has white walls and not much color in her room, so we picked a sheer black material for the swag. Then she picked this polka-dot fabric and we stitched fabric flowers to hang on each corner of the swag. They took a couple of tries to get the flowers the same size and shape; it was a bit harder than I thought it would be. It turned out really cute, though and added some pizazz to her room. For more creativeness, check out the following blogs. You can link directly to each site from my blog list to the right of my blog.
Forever Lois
A Creative Day
All Things Robbin
Hope to see more people join us for the Blog Hop! Remember next month's theme is "Falling into Fall" I can't wait to see what the ladies are up to for autumn ideas! I know I have several ideas floating around in my head!


No comments:

Post a Comment