Sunday, September 5, 2010

Something New

I was reading a blog the other day and they post a weekly menu. I liked the idea a lot because you can go back through and see what you are eating way too often or not often enough. I'm going to try it for awhile and see if it helps in my menu planning. (It might help, too if it's somewhere permanent as mine seem to disappear from the fridge all the time!)

Monday: (getting wood) roast, baby carrots, red potatoes

Tuesday: (working) grilled pork chops, fried red potatoes, corn on the cob

Wednesday: (working) sausage lasagna, garlic toast

Thursday: (craft day) chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, green beans

Friday: (organization day) taco soup, cornbread

Saturday: (yard day) chicken alfredo pizza, green salad

Sunday: (wood day) fried chicken, creamed potatoes and peas, cheesy biscuits

I know it seems like a lot of chicken meals, but the kids love chicken and Ridleys had it on sale this week so I loaded up. Whatever meat is on sale that week is what we eat the most of! Also a lot of potatoes on the menu because Woody and Bert both gave me big sacks of beautiful homegrown red potatoes and I don't want to waste any of those!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm. I think I'll just "happen" to be in Albion every night for dinner! Sounds wonderful. Wish I was that organized.

    ReplyDelete