Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor Day Plans

So, to start our Labor Day weekend, Gary and I went out last night. I really have been missing all the people from Annie's so we went down to the Sage and sat on the deck. It was such a beautiful night and it was nice and peaceful. Several of our old "locals" were there so it was good to see them and catch up with them again.

Today I am running to town to get the chainsaw ready for more wood cutting. Then we are going to mow and Round-up and then I am going to help Woody get the beans canned. I picked our beans yesterday and between picking and snapping, I spent 4 hours on them! Today will be easy compared to yesterday; my job is to stuff the jars....I think I can handle that! Tonight we are going to just hang at home with the kids and have a yummy dinner and maybe a movie.

Tomorrow we are going to laze around for the morning. Make breakfast, clean up, then we are going to go to my friend, Diana's for a end of summer BBQ. Hopefully there are lots of people coming; weather is supposed to be kind of yuck. We had thought about taking the boat out one last time, but the Idaho weather just doesn't want to cooperate!

Monday will be spent cutting more wood. Predictions are for a long, bad winter so we want to be extra prepared. It's always better to get too much than not enough! We were still burning wood clear into May and as cold as it's been getting at night, it won't be too long before we start burning now. Last week, we popped a tire getting a load so hopefully that doesn't happen again! I'm going to throw a roast and some carrots, potatoes, and onions in the oven on low so we have a nice, hot dinner waiting for us when we get home-I know I will be too tired to cook as I am getting old and worn out!!!

Hope you all have a great three-day weekend! Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment