Friday, September 10, 2010

more sewing projects

Ellie outgrew all of her baby bibs (and they were all getting so stained and yucky), but when I priced some bigger bibs, they were all about $5.00 each. I find that a bit pricey, so I made her some. I cut them bigger than the store-bought ones so they would fit all the way down to her belly and cover more of her clothes. I bought 1/4 yard of 4 different fabrics and got 2-3 bibs out of each.
Then I just stitched the double fold edging around and added a button at the neck. I didn't do the edging the fancy way with no stitches showing, I just sewed. It's a bib-I really don't care if there was a line of thread. Anyway, she now has these two designs plus some purple Tinkerbelle ones and some with butterflies and sequins. I finished those a long time ago and these two the other day so I didn't have pix of the others. I think I will make a few more for good measure since she easily goes through 3-4 a day. Sometimes it takes me longer to get to the laundry than it should!!!

1 comment:

  1. These turned out super cute. Love the fabric too. You are just too clever anymore. After seeing the photos with the stroganoff, and can see why you need a bunch!

    ReplyDelete