Friday, September 17, 2010

Wild Turkeys

I got a call from my neighbor the other day and she asked me to look out my front door and across the street to her house and see what she had in her yard. I assumed it was a deer, but when I got out there, it was three wild turkeys! One of them was pure white, but I never could get a good shot of that one. Lee and Woody have an old wagon bed that they use for a strawberry patch and the turkeys were eating out of it.
I ran back inside to get my camera and when I came back, they were eating off their bush. I took these pictures from my side of the street because we all know how I feel about birds! The big one saw me taking pictures and just kept staring at me. It made me nervous enough that I came back inside! When you live in the mountains, you never know what kind of wild animal you might get running through your yard. I have seen raccoons, skunks, turkeys, moose, and deer all roaming free! It's kind of cool!

1 comment:

  1. You were telling me about the turkeys, so it's cool to see the photos. It's weird seeing wild animals right out your door. Yesterday, I saw the biggest skunk on my way to work...I swerved to miss him...thank goodness I did.

    ReplyDelete